Saturday, July 23, 2005

Currituck Lighthouse


Currituck Lighthouse
Originally uploaded by neopuritan.
I spent a week's vacation on the northern end of the Outer Banks, in Corolla, NC. Outside our window was this lighthouse. At night it shines every 15 seconds (yes...I counted). It was over 240 steps, and my wife climbed them all and earned a sticker! I, on the other hand, sat and read three books. Ian McEwan's "Amsterdam" (I rate it an "A"), Stanley Kunitz' "Collected Poems" (also an "A"), and "The Rule of Four" (a B+).

Now it's back to theology and Plato!

2 Comments:

Blogger cwv warrior said...

lighthouses are so inspiring, aren't they? I'm not a lighthouse freak or anything...like my house isn't lighthouse decor, but there is something reassuring about that beacon, peaceful like. I appreciate your sharing it. I am trying not to want to go there : /

1:24 AM  
Blogger Scribe said...

I agree, CWV, they somehow provide a spiritual image of safety and home. I couldn't keep my eyes off it day or night.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home