Monday, May 21, 2007

Medical Update

On Wednesday I will be entering Hackensack University Medical Center for the final phase of my treatment for leukemia. I will be receiving high dose chemotherapy for eight days, then my harvested stem-cells will be returned to me, and then I will be under observation for about two weeks, until my counts are high enough for me to be sent home. My immune system will need several months to recuperate, but I hope to be back in the pulpit again in July or August.

I don't yet know if my hospital room has an internet connection, so don't be alarmed if I don't post here for a while. I continue to be blessed with the prayers and encouragement of many people and churches, and covet them now more than ever. God bless.

3 Comments:

Blogger RogueMonk said...

I'll be praying for you!


Blessings, RogueMonk

1:36 AM  
Blogger Rev. Dr. Peter A. Butler, Jr. said...

As shall I, dear Scribe.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Annette said...

how is it going?

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home