Saturday, March 25, 2006

Paul's Prophetic Wisdom on Women

"For God is not the author of confusion but peace, as in all the churches of the saints. Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:33-35).

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression" (1 Timothy 2:11-13).

God created men and women equal, co-bearers of His divine image (Gen 1:27). Nonetheless, the Bible also teaches that women are more susceptible to spiritual and theological deception, and as the due penalty for listening to Satan over God, woman are placed in a submissive position in the family and the church. "Your desire will be for your husband, and he shall rule over you" (Genesis 3:16). "Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church...therefore just as the church is subject to Christ, so let wives be to their own husbands in everything" (Ephesians 3:22-24; cf. also Colossians 3:18-4:1).

When mainline churches began to disregard biblical teaching on the sexes, and allowed women into the ministry, it was not very long before paganism began to appear in lectionaries, theology, and most prominently, in worship (see Random Responses for a startling video example). It all began with a push for inclusive language, the replacement of male pronouns for God and human beings. An inclusive language lectionary emerged, and soon one could not use masculine pronouns at all in theological programs at universities and even at seminaries (including RCA seminaries).

Feminist theology began to put forward an alternative to the Bible, Jesus Christ, and the sacraments. An entire new religion, born and nurtured under the wings of the Church itself, based upon the worship of Sophia (Greek for wisdom - how ironic, as wisdom here is no where to be found!) began to grow. God becomes a goddess; Christ becomes Sophia; there is no longer any atonement, as the blood of Christ is rejected in favor of a Mother's unconditional love. The sacrament of the Lord's Supper is replaced with milk and honey. Homosexuality is celebrated, and the Bible openly despised and mocked.

Let me offer another example. Jane Spahr, a Presbyterian "minister," recently acquitted (!) for presiding over the marriage of two women, was quoted (on the PCUSA's own website) as saying: "I am stunned by a Presbyterian church so wrapped up now in the lordship of Jesus Christ that we forget how many ways, traditions, and cultures God comes to us." She prefers to worship Sophia, and has rejected Jesus Christ. This is not done in secret, but upheld and celebrated in the highest assemblies of mainline churches. Is not the Apostle Paul's wisdom now self-evident?

The Reformed Church in America is following its "covenant partners" (the Presbyterian Church USA, the Evangelical Lutherans, and the United Church of Christ) down the road to paganism and the feminization of the church. At this very moment, the denomination is spending thousands of our dollars establishing a dialogue on homosexuality. Will Sophia stop by and lend us her holy wisdom? This is not a battle between views of the church. This is a battle between God's people, God's Bible, God's Church, and the forces of satanic paganism. It is a spiritual warfare Paul in his Spirit-inspired wisdom warned us of in Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

Now that is wisdom.

7 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

I'm sure you don't mean to, but in this piece it seems that you are blaming the woes of the church on women. That it's "all our fault".

That is not a fair or accurate statement. Yes, women have taken roles in the church that they should not have. I don't agree with women pastors or elders...have no problem with women deacons (I see that as a legitimate biblical role).

But things in the church couldn't have changed or been subverted IF the men in the church had been doing the job that God set out for them.

Not that I'm saying it's all the men's fault either... but don't please...blame it all on the women either. Even if you do give us an inch and we'll run with it for a mile. :)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Scribe said...

I am not blaming all the woes of the church on women. I am blaming the unbiblical men who turned their backs on the Bible, and opened the offices of authority to women. I am blaming women for the introduction of paganism into the church. I am blaming myself for sinfully tolerating these things. It is certainly not all women's fault, and after re-reading my post, I don't think I say that.

1:11 PM  
Blogger RogueMonk said...

Annette, my wife said the same thing. She read the post and took it to say that the woes of the RCA are the blame of the women. So you are not alone in hearing the post that way.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

oh good... so I'm not alone! :)

I know that women have their faults with how they see things. My hubbie and I oh my...the times that he shakes his head at the things I come up with and he is constantly saying...what does the bible say and how does what you are thinking fit in with it.

He keeps me thinking sharply! More men should do that with their women. (maybe it's cause he's a pastor??) I don't know, but I know alot of women I meet don't think about what they are saying and how it really correlates with scripture. BUGS ME! makes me wonder what their hubbies think.

anyways, enough said today. Gotta go take care of my boy and hubbie.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Scribe said...

Thanks Anman for saying it better than I did! :)

Ehud: I love it when people say "Bully for you!" I think of TR and trust-busting, and all that. Thanks also for saying all this better than I did. Now I think I'll go check out your blog. Yeah, you get a smiley face too.
:)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Rileysowner said...

I can understand how Annette may have understood what you said in the way she did, but as I told her, that would be to miss the point. This is not to mention you did not actually say all the ills are at the feet of women.

It strikes me that whenever a part of scripture is willfully ignored it only leads to further deviation from historic Christianity and the eventual apostasy of a denomination or fellowship.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Deborha's Palm Tree said...

I don't usually comment on blogs ... but I must say this...you can't have a Jezebel without an Ahab..nor can you have a Deborha without a Barak..So, I guess what I am saying is there must be balance. We must lay hold of the image of our God-designed destiny and not allow an inferior, weak, selfish, substandard concept within our limited human understanding to take its place. Perhaps it is only fair to say that the church has failed the church. Not man, not woman but both! Women were not allowed to speak in the church during those days because at that time many were being saved from paganism and finally, were in a place where they could learn and many were asking questions while the teaching was taking place and disrupting the "flow" ..so to speak. So lets look back to see why this was taking place, historically. Religion binds....Christ frees! We were created to be a help-mete...but many won't allow women to help...very, gifted by God, Godly women..so, God causes a Deborah to rise up occassionaly to do the job that perhaps a man was to do....after all, in the spiritual realm HE doesn't know male or female...He looks at the heart.

In, through and to HIM
Deborha

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home