Friday, November 04, 2005

Not Exactly a Shocking Revelation...

The Monk
You scored 28% Cardinal, 64% Monk, 50% Lady, and 29% Knight!
You live a peaceful, quiet life. Very little danger comes you way and you live a long time. You are wise and modest, but also stagnant. You have little comfort, little food and have taken a vow of silence. But who needs chatter when just sitting in the cloister of your abbey with The Good Book makes you perfectly content.
Link: The Who Would You Be in 1400 AD Test written by KnightlyKnave on Ok Cupid, home of th32-Type Dating Test

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya Ars - well I'm the Prioress. I think that's cool. My namesake, St Brigid, was an Abbess and I love Hildegard to that's pretty good. I am 13% Cardinal, 61% Monk, 55% Lady, and 40% Knight! I'd agree with that. And this is what it says:
You are a moral person and are also highly intellectual. You like your solitude but are also kind and helpful to those around you. Guided by a belief in the goodness of mankind you will likely be christened a saint after your life is over.
You scored high as both the Lady and the Monk. You can try again to get a more precise description of either the Monk or the lady, or you can be happy that you're an individual.
I'll pass on the sainthood unless I can be selective about the company I keep. Francis, Patrick, Brendan, Columba and Brigid would be great. But I don't want that rent a crowd where every religious order and every rich Italian family has to have its saint. Some of the best have not been canonised - Dorothy Day, Meister Eckhart, Thomas Merton, Fr Damien, Vera Brittain, Evelyn Underhill, Rufus Junes, Thomas Kelly et al - so I might go and live where they are living.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Scribe said...

Amen to that list of undeclared saints, especially for me Merton. Dorothy Day actually lived about a mile from my house! I even contemplated going into the monastery, for about a week, when I was 20. Instead I got married, entered the ministry, and listened to monastic music. Not a bad deal...

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home