Thursday, November 23, 2006

Chromosomes Behaving Nicely

The doctor called yesterday to let us know my chromosomes are behaving themselves. This means that there is no evidence of leukemia at a level where they can observe one out of a hundred cells. The road ahead is now meant to smash any remaining bad things. It's long and frightening, and I've been there before. The cause of my leukemia is that chromosome 15 changed places with number 17 - why, no one knows. I would be quite grateful if they would remain where they are.

I am grateful today for my wife and daughters, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. I am grateful to God for this respite, and for the the skill and science which flow from His merciful hands, and offers me hope.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the other day another woman musician whom I admire ~ my cousin Jill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home